Beloved west-end shop Mattachioni opened their doors to a new space on the other side of the city––being referred to as simply ‘Mattachioni East‘.
The popular Italian bodega quietly unravelled their second store on Gerrard Street East at the end of 2020, and are bringing their brilliant flare to the northeast corner of Leslieville. Their first store, located in the Junction Triangle, made waves for their excellent wood-fire pizzas, sandwiches and array of Italian grocery.
The store is awaiting some equipment and are still working on fully stocking their shelves, but they are welcoming new customers with great coffee and a small selection of groceries in the meantime.
David Mattachioni first launched the business in 2015 following his stint at the renowned Terroni. He has since created a one-of-a-kind Toronto spot that brings the joys and happiness of Italian home cooking to Dupont Street.
As the second location continues to roll out, east-enders will be able to get their hands on some awesome food and products.
The new Mattachioni store is located at 1501 Gerrard Street East, just west of Coxwell Avenue. They are open every day from 7 a.m. to 4 p.m.